Do it yourself! A participative approach to increase participation and engagement of high school students in physical education and sport classes - DIYPES
DIYPES project was awarded by the European Commission under Erasmus+ Sport programme. The 24 month Collaborative Partnership started on the 1st of January 2017.
DIYPES project proposes a participative approach to physical education and sport (PES) classes’ development and employment, focused on high-school students’ expressed needs and interests. The educational objectives included in the PES classes curriculum and the overall (school) setting characteristics will be accounted for, but the PES classes will be delivered through activities that will increase the level of acceptance and enjoyment of the target group. The final goal of the project is to reach an optimal balance between effectiveness and enjoyable, positive and engaging experiences for high-school students during PES classes.
Students with diverse physical potential together with the PES teachers will be engaged in organising the PES class structure and consider different types of activities. This approach is meant to empower students and to offer them a higher level of autonomy and also increase their accountability in regards to their own physical education related behaviour and outcomes.
The main objectives of the project are:
- Identify and describe core educational objectives and development practices of PES classes in the national curriculum of 5 European countries: Albania, Italy, Malta, Romania and Slovakia;
- Test the feasibility (process evaluation) and effectiveness of a 3-month intervention focused on participatory approach to PES classes in 3 different settings in each country ;
- Develop a set of scenarios and examples of best-practices for good practice applicable at European level in regards to models for building innovative – participatory approaches to PES classes.
The project will be implemented in collaboration of 6 organisations:
- Romania: Babeș-Bolyai University (UBB), project coordinator
- Italy: The National Research Council (CNR)
- Slovakia: Constantine the Philosopher University in Nitra- Faculty of Education (CPU)
- Albania: University of Sports Tirana (UST)
- Denmark:University of Southern Denmark (SDU)
- Malta: Foundation for the Promotion of Social Inclusion in Mala (FOPSIM)
For further information please contact is at: firstname.lastname@example.org